This class is for knitters who know the basics or have completed the Knit for Baby Beginners class.
Wrap your baby in an heirloom. Or present a baby gift that will be cherished. Knit a blanket in a darling unisex lace pattern of your choosing.
Must know how to cast on, cast off, knit, purl, k2tog, yarn over, and pick up stitches.
Become skilled at reading charted patterns, left and right leaning decreases, learn how to trim and repeat lace patterns to fit to baby blanket size and chose edgings, also learn how to figure out each row sets up the next for shaping the lace pattern, lace blocking and fixing mistakes.
You will receive guided instruction in class for one lace baby blanket designed by you. Plus learn how to fix, dropped stitches, missed stitches and yarn-overs etc.
Minimum number of participants 2, maximum 6. Small class size means personalized attention for learning success. Nurselings welcome.
Knitting Materials: buy a kit or provide your own tools and yarn
Knit for Baby Intermediate Knit Kit: $60.00
- Hiya Hiya Size 7us/4.5mm 45″ circular needle set
- Hiya Hiya Size 7us/4.5mm 16″ circular needle set
- Swish DK superwash wool by KnitPicks 400g/900m
- Stitch Markers
- substitutions of equal value may be made
Or bring your own materials: (wood or bamboo needles preferred for lace)
- 7us/4.5mm 45″ circular needle set
- 7us/4.5mm 16″ circular needle set
- 400g/900m DK yarn (wool, superwash, or natural fibres work best for lace. No cotton)
- Stitch Markers
Currently booking for:
November Session Dates: Thursday evenings, 1th, 8th, 15th and the 22nd (perhaps a review class 29 2012 from 7:00-9:00pm at Birth Rhythms – 248 3rd Avenue South